Pages

Monday 8 July 2013

Recount: The Matariki Whanau Ball


Matariki Whanau Ball Recount.

On Friday The 28th June 2013, Glenbrae school had a Ball to celebrate Matariki and to fund raise for the year 7/8 camp. Matariki is the Maori New year. The ball started at 8:00.

When I got to the door, I gave my ticket to Mrs Moopanar, and then Mrs Kumar put a blue stamp on my hand, and I walked in. When I walked in, it was loud and it was dark, but there was light effects, which meant that there were different colours, and there was a DJ. We were also dancing to a song which was gamgam style.


Then the music stopped, and we all made our way to the seats. The next thing that happened was that I then went with my younger sister and then went to go and order some food. The things I ate were a fritter, a drink, and a cupcake.  After that, I went back out to the dance floor, and danced till my mother came to pick us up.
I enjoyed going to the ball, and I asked my mum if I could stay longer, but my mum said “No”, because it was starting to get late, and the Ball was almost finished anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.