Pages

Thursday 13 March 2014

My Reading Activity for Week 6


IN THE FOREST 3000 YEARS AGO
IN THE FOREST 3000 YEARS AGO

WALT: answer questions based on the text by looking for keywords in the questions.
Success Criteria: 1. I am able to identify and highlight the keywords in the question.
                              2. I am able to locate the keywords in the text and look for answers to
                                  the questions.

ACTIVITY 1 - READING RESPONSE - Read Page 18 of the Article and then answer these questions based on the Article.

1.  Why did the Moa Bird rush back to the shelter of the bush?
The Moa rushed back to the shelter of the bush because it saw a Haan’s Eagle coming.
2. What were the Takahe doing near the lake?
The Takahe was getting some grasses to eat.
3. Why did the Haast’s Eagle come rocketing down from the sky?
The Haast's Eagle came rocketing down from the sky because it saw a tasty snack.
4. As night fell, what noises could be heard from the forest?
As the night fell you could hear a Weka let out a strange bellow, and the incest let out a strange hum.
5. Why do the kiwi, kakapo and the weka birds roam the forest at night?
The Kiwi,Kakapo and the Weka birds roam the forest at night because it’s looking for food.

Activity 2 - Vocabulary

Make sentences with these words.

1.  investigate I went to investigate where the noise came from.
2.  background I went to the movies and  as I walked in, the was music in the background.
3.  shapes I see shapes in the dark and wondered what it was.
4.  roaming As I was walking in the dark in the forest, a Kiwi was roaming around, looking for food.
5.  covered I covered myself in a blanket because I was cold.
6.  suddenly Suddenly I woke up and I was hot.
7.  strange It was very strange.
8.  through When I was playing with my dog, the tennis ball went through into the house.
9.  followed My dog followed me as I went inside.
10. somewhere As I was looking for the ball, the dog went somewhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi the reading activity was okay but i think you can do better than that

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.